JOIN OUR TEAM
Level 1 Escape is a premium escape room entertainment company. Our goal is to deliver the most challenging and memorable escape room experience in this city.
What makes us different? At Level 1 Escape, we believe that the overall experience should be entertaining, challenging, and immerse the player into the environment. We hold ourselves to the highest level of quality in player experience and customer service. Our rooms all contain atmospheric elements and technology that immerses players into the environment and gameplay. Above and beyond the standard puzzles, we aim to create a unique ambiance missing from many other escape rooms. We are also the only escape room in Calgary to provide themes that progress over multiple rooms to convey realism and adventure. Finally, our themes are built from the ground-up for us to maximize the user experience.
Key Duties of a Level 1 Escape Game Host:
- Greet guests with enthusiasm upon arrival and ensure that waivers are signed
- Briefi players on the game’s backstory, rules, and guidelines
- Facilitate guests through their experience by providing hints when requested
- Troubleshoot any concerns and game issues guests may have throughout their experience
- Debrief players post-game, take pictures and gather feedback
- Encourage guests to post, like, and share on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Trip Advisor to increase visibility
- Thoroughly reset game rooms and ensure consistent gameplay experiences
- Get guests set up in the VR rooms, teach them on how to select and start various games
- Contribute to quality improvement initiatives
- Assist in answering phone calls to help customers with questions, booking game sessions, process payments, update game statistics
- Attend staff meetings, training sessions, and off-site customer or marketing events
- Participate in nightly and weekly cleaning and maintenance tasks
- Escalate to Team Lead or Manager about any customer issues or concerns
The successful candidate is:
- An upbeat, self-starter that takes initiative
- Experienced in customer service focused roles
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- High level of attention to detail
- Effective communication skills
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
- Able to work effectively with little supervision
Work Schedule / Compensation
- Level 1 Escape operates on a scheduled shift-work operation
- Availability must be submitted two weeks in advance, and you will be scheduled a shift around your availability
- You must have a minimum one weekday and weekend availability
- Compensation will be based on past work experience and will be paid an hourly rate
- Qualifies for performance incentives
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and there may be other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Note, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.